Let’s talk managing loneliness..
Earlier, I wrote about loneliness. Now, I’d like to share some tips on how to manage loneliness.
Try to open up
- Although you may know lots of people, you may not feel close to them or, feel that they don’t care or give you the attention you need.
- Try opening up to close friends to increase your connections. If you don’t feel comfortable sharing your feelings with friends try a therapist or, a peer support service.
Make new connections
- Join a class or group based on your interests. Maybe join some Facebook groups or some virtual classes – I have joined some weightloss and business groups which I enjoy interacting in.
- Join an online community like Side by Side. These communities provide an around the clock place to listen and share with others in a similar position.
Try not to compare yourself to others
- Social media often only shows us what other people want us to see, which can make us feel like we are the only ones who are lonely.
- Remind yourself that you don’t know how other people feel when they are offline!
Look after yourself
- Try to get enough sleep
- Eat healthily
- Ensure daily physical exercise
- Spend time outside
- Avoid drugs and alcohol
These are a few of today’s offerings. They are simple but, I think they are also effective!